Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dress with only inspiration!

Thursday, July 14, 2011
I really wish I had a pattern for everything that I made. It would make the whole process go so much faster. However, patterns are very limited. You can modify them so much, or combine patterns…but I don't have many. Therefore, I must rely on my eye. I feel like this could have been finished just a touch nicer, but I thought it turned out well considering I was working with lightweight slippery fabric that frays easily.


This is a dress that my friend lent me to take engagement pictures in. After rescheduling the shoot about five hundred times, I realize that the pictures will not be taken for quite some time. This made me realize I had to return my friend's…LOVELY dress so I had to try and remake one for myself. I loved the hem of the dress, being raised slightly at the sides. I LOVED the flounce and low back. This is the reason I had to recreate this dress.



I like things belted so I made my version just a little bit longer, and made a sash to tie around. There are things that I wish that I would have done different. I had this lovely material that I wanted to use. However, I feel like it may be too busy for a dress. Maybe I should have saved it for a simple blouse? This is why I made the sash out of the same color; however a brown belt of mine would look nice I think as well. We will see. Anyhow, this is how it turned out.

1 comments:

Heart Osi said...

Looks really cute! I like the last one.

Post a Comment