Tuesday, June 28, 2011

No-pattern skirt

Tuesday, June 28, 2011



So…I am totally playing catch up. Can you tell? This is my most recent project which I am very excited about, because I didn't use a pattern! Woot! I found an old dress from goodwill that didn't really fit me, but I thought I could use it as a guide to somewhat repeat the look. The dress was black too…not really my style. I recently discovered in a classroom management class…that…I am indeed a parrot (my personality style). Can you see a parrot wearing black? Aside from that tangent, I used some of the pieces to make this skirt. Originally the flounce on the dress was completely different. It was split in the center from (two pieces) which I didn't really like. The flounce also looked a little different in the back. Lastly, the dress length was quite a bit longer. This too, I plan on using for engagement pictures. My only question is, "What is this gosh darn fabric?" I purchased it at Wal-Mart; five yards for five dollars. It had absolutely no description of the fabric. When I ironed it while in the sewing process, it actually wrinkled the fabric! Does anyone have any idea how I could potentially get the fabric pressed? I think I may try to get it wet and lay it out flat. We will see how it goes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment