Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Welcome

Tuesday, April 5, 2011
I decided to create this blog to showcase my successful creations. I do and make just about anything I can try. For many years, I was going to school to be an art major. However, I could never find any specific area that suited all of my interests. I began with artwork like drawings and paintings. These days I find the most joy building/refurbishing things and sewing. I am recently engaged and plan to sew all of the apparel for my wedding…yes, including my dress. Recently, I bought a new sewing machine, and a now-customized sewing table to accommodate these wedding creations.

For many of my projects, I research them first. Many of them, I don’t find very much information for. If I do find information, I still find myself asking questions about specific things that may not have been explained that great. Therefore, this blog is an attempt to create more information for interested people, like me, to use.

My next project should take place this Wednesday. I will be making a dress form double of myself. Using plaster gauze, polyurethane foam, and other materials, I hope to create “myself” for an ideal assistant in the process of making my dress for the wedding. Details and pictures are to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment